Wednesday 16 November 2011

Soundtrack: Bedouin Soundclash ft. Coeur De Pirate- Brutal Hearts

"Are you the Brutal Heart that I've been looking for
Cause if you're looking for love, you can look for that door..."

Stumbled upon this gem of a song 'Brutal Hearts' while watching one of the worst films I think I've ever sat through The Romantics. After one and a half hours of drivel the one single thing that stood out to me is this song from the soundtrack.

I'm not sure whether it's the rumbling percussion throughout or the haunting collaboration of female singer Coeur de Pirate and Bedouin Soundclash frontman Jay Malinowski

The song charts a one night stand but the sound is so pure and rough it is one of the best bittersweet accounts of a fleeting encounter portrayed through a song.

I just loveeee this track. It is incredible. Just felt compelled to share its brilliance.


What do you think: am I seriously obsessing over nothing or would you not agree this song is all I'm making it out to be...?

Shellowooo x

No comments: